What is the Bend Central District?
The Bend Central District (BCD) is envisioned as a mixed-use residential and commercial hub in the heart of one of the fastest-growing small cities in the USA, drawing inspiration from Portland’s famous Pearl District and the walkability of European communities. The BCD Business Association is a small nonprofit dedicated to increasing the vitality of the Central District of Bend by enhancing its experience, image, and lifestyle
Where is the Bend Central District located?
What sort of projects are the Bend Central District involved in?
In an effort to bridge the divide between the Bend Central District and historic downtown Bend, the Hawthorne Bridge will do just that. The livability of our community will not only skyrocket, but this pedestrian bridge will connect the core of the BCD to the very center of Bend's economy. With the State’s support, as well as Bend's City Council endorsement and specifically earmarked funding for the Midtown Crossings project, our goal is to continue to work with the city and improve blight, sidewalks, infrastructure, and development code that works for our district's business goals.
What are the goals of the Bend Central District?
- Work with the City to shape the Urban Renewal Program to improve blight, sidewalks, infrastructure, and development code that works for our district's business goals.
- Work with the Bend Police Department to advocate our business priorities and values.
- To take ownership of our own streets by cleaning and beautifying.
What sort of neighborhood resources are available to community members?
- Behavior Issues/Central District Safety:
City of Bend Police Non-emergency (541) 693-6911
- Homeless Trash Issues:
Street Cleanup (541) 317–3000 ext. 3
- All Things Bend Central District:
BCD Business Association (410) 404–9092
- City of Bend Central District Manager:
Allison Platt (541) 213-7387
- City of Bend Business Advocacy:
Ben Hemson (541) 388-5529
How can I get involved with the Bend Central District?
As a business association member of the Central District you are eligible to receive all of our services, get your business set up on our website and add you to the Bend Central mailing list. Visit our membership page to see our full list of members and see membership options. Welcome to the neighborhood!
Who sits on the Bend Central District Board of Directors?
- Kurt Alexander – President – Petrich Properties
- Tod Breslau – Vice President – Campfire Hotel
- Chris Starling – Treasurer – Movement Mortgage
- Dawn Cofer – Secretary – First Interstate Bank
- Leah Rutz – Open Space Event Studios
- Alyssa Heim – Big Story Books
- Open Seat
- Allison Platt – Ex Officio Member – City of Bend Core Area Project Manager
- Councilor Barb Campbell - Ex Officio Member - City Councilor, City of Bend
Visit our membership page to see our full list of members and see membership options.